Outware Mobile’s vision is to make a difference through creating mobile experiences that are intuitive, effective and engaging. Opal Travel 2.0 embodies this vision to its core.
Opal Travel 2.0 is a major overhaul of the original app. The latest version enables customers to manage all their Opal card requirements in a single app. It provides users with an easy to use and intuitive experience, as well as an incredibly useful tool that will make travel on public transport even more convenient and seamless. Opal Travel 2.0 includes a comprehensive feature set, including:
- Scan card for balance (Android only)/check card balance
- Top up card/s on the go and never have to queue or manually top up again
- Check Weekly Travel Reward journey count
- See travel history
- Plan the quickest and most convenient trip and estimate the fare
- Find the nearest Opal retailers to acquire an Opal card or top up
- Link card/s (such as family members) to the app to top up and view activities (by manual input or by using NFC scanning on Android)
Users can also sign-in to the app to:
- Activate and block card/s
- Update personal and billing details
- Personalise card order
Opal Travel 2.0 also significantly improves the experience for blind and vision-impaired customers by working with both Google TalkBack and Apple VoiceOver screen readers. It also identifies wheelchair accessible services.