Presented at YOW! Connected 2015 by Pete Collins
The majority of really great apps (think Apple design award winners and Material design award winners) have invested heavily in interaction design. Why? What is it about the ‘feel’ of these apps that makes them so great? How did they incorporate animation, interaction and motion into their design approach effectively, prioritise this against new features and ultimately ship a great product?
To answer some of these questions this talk will explore:
- Why interaction design is so important in mobile apps
- How to communicate the value in designing ‘motion’ to your colleagues, to clients, to end-users
- How can you successfully prioritise UI dynamics alongside new features for your product
- When during your product lifecycle you should invest time in it
- Tools, hints and tips for killer interactions
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
UX & Visual Design Manager at Outware Mobile
I lead a team of Business Analysts, UX, UI and Interaction designers on a range of high profile mobile projects throughout Asia Pacific. Working with leading Tier 1 brands such as Google, ANZ, Telstra, Sportsbet, Coles and many more. Our goal is to take a highly User Centred Design focus to create intuitive and engaging experiences that solve real-world problems. I have also been involved in leading a number of mobile strategy engagements and am an active contributor to technology podcasts and publications.