Dispatcher for Android was built for an Australian based global leader in the GPS-based Intelligent Transport Systems industry.
The Dispatcher app takes care of all the ordering, tracking, metering and dispatching of vehicles and other mobile resources, and has the capacity to replaces thousands of dollars of hardware with a single Android device.
This project required the implementation of real-time UDP communications and intensive background processing.
- Automatic area tracking of vehicles and other mobile resources
- Dynamic jobs list, which can be accepted via the handset
- Query feature to alert accepted if running late
- Meter and fare calculations, which is automatically communicated to the back office system
- Customer signature
- Driver messages/Notice Board/Broadcast Messages
- Jobs screen showing current, accepted and completed jobs