Discover the city’s best kept food secrets with the Foodies’ Guide to Melbourne iPhone app.
Food lovers know that a great meal always begins with the best ingredients and the freshest produce. The Foodies’ Guide to Melbourne shows you where to find these essentials and much more, with reviews of Melbourne’s best bakeries, cheese specialists, wine merchants, chocolate stores and coffee roasters.
The stores are grouped into easy-to-search categories, from Asian food to wine and spirit merchants, with butchers, delicatessens, Middle Eastern food stores and many others in between. There is also an Out of Town section, which has a region-by-region pick of the state’s best providores, as well as a Foodies’ Spotlights section, which highlights the best local breweries, cooking classes, food tours and much more.
- All reviews from the book appear in the app
- No internet connection is required to use the app
- Scroll through an A–Z listing of shops, or browse categories such as bakeries, cheese, delicatessens and markets
- Search for shops by name, suburb or type of store
- Phone shops or link to their websites from within the app
- View the location of each shop on a map
- Find shops in your area with the ‘Stores Near Me’ button
- Create your own favourites list
- Share your favourite shops on Twitter and Facebook
Foodies’ Guide authors Allan Campion and Michele Curtis live, breathe and write food. Professional chefs and award-winning authors, they are major contributors to the Australian food scene and have more than two dozen books to their credit.