Discover the city’s best kept food secrets with the new Foodies’ Guide to Sydney app.
Food lovers know that a great meal always begins with the best ingredients and the freshest produce. The Foodies’ Guide to Sydney shows you where to find these essentials and much more, with reviews of Sydney’s best bakeries, cheese specialists, wine merchants, chocolate stores and coffee roasters. Whether you’re looking for a Middle Eastern spice mix, a certain fish for bouillabaisse, a low-gluten bread or German rye, you’ll find it at one of the suppliers listed in here.
The stores are grouped into categories, from bakers to wine and spirit merchants, with butchers, delicatessens, organic food stores and many others in between. There is also a World Food section, which focuses on stores that showcase the flavours of a particular country, as well as an Out of Town section, with a region-by-region guide to the state’s best food providores.
- All reviews from the book appear in the app
- No internet connection is required to use the app
- Scroll through an A–Z listing of stores, or browse categories such as bread, smallgoods and greengrocers
- Discover new places to shop for food with the World Food section (featuring 17 countries) or the Out of Town section
- Search for stores by name, suburb or type of store
- Phone stores or link to their websites from within the app
- View the location of each store on a map
- Find stores in your area with the ‘Stores Near Me’ button
- Create your own favourites list
- Share your favourite stores on Twitter and Facebook
The Foodies’ Guide to Sydney has a new team of talented writers on board who have travelled across the city and beyond to find the best places to shop for food.