The James Halliday Wine Companion is a groundbreaking iPhone app that allows you to discover the world of great Australian wine on the go with access to over 55,000 tasting notes and information on over 2500 of Australia’s leading wineries.
Keenly anticipated each year by winemakers, collectors and wine lovers, the Australian Wine Companion is recognised as the industry benchmark for Australian Wine.
For the first time, the entire Wine Companion inventory of wine reviews and winery information has been released for iPhone and is packed with a host of great features to help you start choosing great wines, on the go.
- Access over 55,000 tasting notes spanning over 10 years of wine tasting.
- Quickly check wine reviews on the move, helping you make informed choices on which wines to purchase – ideal for when you’re trying to decide on a wine to pick in a restaurant, supermarket or in a bottle shop.
- Create lists of your own favourite wines.
- Discover the highest rated and the best value Australian wines.
- Search wines by price, variety, region, winery and vintage, or use the quick search bar to find wines by winery.
- Search & browse an extensive range of over 2500 Australian wineries, view their locations and contact them directly
- Get the latest updates delivered directly to your iPhone each month
- Find ‘Wineries Near Me’ using GPS
From the Client
Condensing the enormous James Halliday database of tasting notes down into a usable iPhone app was a huge challenge. We selected Outware as our partner because they felt like a good cultural fit for our business and really grasped our commercial objectives. The Wine Companion 2011 app has been incredibly well received and is currently number 1 in its category and has reached number 4 in the overall app store charts, with the latest version averaging a 4.5 star rating. We're delighted and are currently working with Outware on multiple new projects'.