After working on the Grow by ANZ app, Outware Mobile was tasked with redeveloping the ANZ goMoney app for iOS. Over the past two years, ANZ has been in the process of implementing a new platform that will be used by several channels to interface to its backend banking infrastructure. The goMoney app is the first application to go live using this new platform.
Outware Mobile has been working on goMoney since April 2014, and continues to provide ANZ with a highly skilled, experienced and scalable development and quality assurance (QA) team that works on site at ANZ offices on the goMoney app.
The Outware team are responsible for:
- Developing all the features in the new app, with complex integration points between multiple systems
- Manual and automation testing of the app
- System testing of the new platform
- Ensuring the app meets ANZ’s strict Accessibility Standards
- Working collaboratively with the ANZ project team and other third party vendors
Some of our key achievements on this project included:
- Migrating to the new multichannel platform (which was in development alongside the app)
- Ensuring that the app meets the highest standards in security
- Maintaining the QA rigour required to support coverage of a large number of devices and operating systems (iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6Plus, 6S and 6S Plus and iOS 7,8,9)
The app underwent three Staff Pilot releases prior to being released to the public to ensure a smooth launch.
goMoney is ANZ’s everyday banking app. The apps empowers users to access and manage their ANZ bank accounts anytime and anywhere.
The app features:
- Quick and secure four digit PIN login
- Real time transfers between ANZ accounts
- BPAY bill payment
- Pay anyone
- Information regarding ANZ locations all around the world
- Apple Watch: View balance and last five transactions
The first release of the new version of the ANZ goMoney app was launched on 27 February 2016. The ANZ goMoney iOS app has over 1 million users. To ensure that the launch was a success, Outware provided 24/7 on-site support to ANZ during the initial launch phase. Over 500,000 users successfully migrated to the new version of the app in the first week, without any major issues.